Od: "Nasibeh Moradi" <nasibeh.moradi@xxxxxxxxx>
Komu: yade-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Datum: 19.04.2010 10:54
Předmět: [Yade-users] harmonic average of stiffness

hi,

in contact law, harmonic average is used  for computing kn and ks in contact
between 2 body, why harmonic average?
in some papers, the springs are in serie, then k=ka*kb/(ka+kb),
but in harmonic average k=2*ka*kb/(ka+kb)

Nasibeh Moradi

Bruno Chareyre
Associate Professor
Grenoble INP
Lab. 3SR
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43