Re: Are our systems conservatives?

Perhaps I guess that dealing with _quasi-static conditions_, energy considerations become superfluous (that is maybe why nobody here has approached the problem?). On the other hand, if the problem is _dynamic_ I think they matter.

Is not supefluous under quasistatic conditions, and I approached the problem before (in PFC, but 2+2=4 everywhere). Again : in quasistatic conditions you find Wboundaries = Welastic + Wplastic, and it is a very strong point to show the consistency of simulations. For dynamic situations, you alreadt pointed out what to fix : the dt/2 shift.

Bruno