Re: Initial time step

> Not very logical, as I see now (and not documented either). I would
> change it as follows: if you set O.dt to a non-positive  value, then
> timestepper will be enabled (and exception raised if there not one). If
> you set O.dt to a positive value, timestepper will be disabled. Does
> that sound better?
>
> O.usesTimeStepper will then be redundant.

Present for you in r2222 :-)

Now you do

O.dt=.5*utils.PWaveTimeStep(); # sets the timestep
O.dt=-1                        # disables timestepper

Not that it looks that much better..

Yet another option is

1. if O.dt is assigned negative value, then set O.dt=|Δt| (so that it is
positive) *and* enable TimeStepper

2. if O.dt is assigned a positive value, then O.dt=Δt *and* disable
TimeStepper.

Is that more logical? Then you would just write

O.dt=-.5*utils.PWaveTimeStep()

v.