Re: useShear in ScGeom

2010/6/25 Václav Šmilauer <eudoxos@xxxxxxxx>

> Hi Chia, nice synchronicity, we 've been just discussing this about 5
> minutes ago with Bruno and Jan. Greetings to Oxford :-)

Hello guys! Hope you are having a great time all together :-) Could not we
organize a course/meeting among Yade users/dev? I have already mentioned to
Vaclav that this would be a nice idea. I hope it will happen at some point
in the future.

> For the total shear displacement, we don't currently have that value
> stored anywhere. What you could do is to have elastic+plastic and
> elastic displacements and track both of them using ScGeom::rotate; the
> latter would be changed during plasticity activation, while the former
> one would not.

Thanks for suggestions, I will try it. Actually the elastic part, once
calling ScGeom::updateShear, is already stored in ScGeom shear variable.
Perhaps the easiest thing would be to create a new variable into the contact
law which stores what is returned by updateShear, and, as you suggest,
simply avoiding to pass it through the failure criterion.

cheers, Chiara