requestErase()

Hi all,

quick question about function requestErase() used into constitutive laws.
What is this function exactly doing? I ask because I though it would have
deleted the interaction at the next time step if overlapping no longer
exists (or whatever condition has to be satisfied inside the contact law)
and if the interaction is also not a potential one accoring to the collider.
I am trying simple impact tests between balls with various contact laws and
what I have seen is that, even after calling the function requestErase() and
say after few cycles so that bounding boxes are no more overlapping anyhow
after the impact, if I call in python

O.interactions[id1,id2]

I cant still get the instance, though non real if I guess isReal attribute.
Why is this instance still exisiting? Particles are far apart and bounding
boxes no more overlapping at all.

Thanks for your answer.

Chiara

Follow ups