Re: String Argument Error

> I’m a new yade user & was experimenting with yade-0.50 when I ran into
> the following problem while trying to implement a variation of the
> examples in the user manual:

Hi Ken,

please do not contact me directly, use the
yade-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx list for such questions so that other
people might reply or read the answer from archives later
(https://yade-dem.org/sphinx/user.html#mailing-lists)

> Yade [3]: for i in range(21):
>
>      ...:     O.bodies.append([utils.sphere([0,0,i],1)])
This is a shorter way:

O.bodies.append([utils.sphere([0,0,i],1) for i in range(21)])

> Yade [4]: intradius=1.5
>
> Yade [5]: O.engines=[ForceResetter()]
>
> Yade [6]: O.engines=O.engines
> +[BoundDispatcher(Bo1_Sphere_Aabb(aabbEnlargeFactor=intradius))]

Bound dispatcher takes _list_ of functors. That line must read

  BoundDispatcher([Bo1_Sphere_Aabb(aabbEnlargeFactor=intradius)])

It is more efficient to assign O.engines at once:

O.engines=[ForceResetter(),BoundDispatcher([...]),...]

(See also simulations in the examples directory, for more complicated
stuff.)

> RuntimeError: First argument (if given) must be a string.
(This message is somewhat confusing (although true) and it was fixed in
the development version of yade.)

Cheers, Václav

> This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately.
> Please do not copy it or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.
?!

Follow ups