Re: PBC with HM

What is a reasonable range of values for the overlapping in a quasi static-simulation like the TT? 1% of particles sizes? If I reduce too much the interparticle stiffness I fear I could have unacceptable overlappings but I do not know starting from what value would be such. Thanks.

yes, something between 1% and 0.1% is a good starting value. Below 1%, elasticity has negligeable effect on e.g. peak stress.

    I would double check the values of relative velocities and see if
    they have something wrong.

Yep, I will do it. Indeed the problem arises when particles are free to rotate. If rotations are not allowed then the system reaches a stable state.

Keep in mind the special case where particles interact across period, if there is a problem in incident velocity, it could happen in this situation only.

Bruno