Re: Linear law + moment rotation

Hi Chiara,

Personnally, I use the cohesionlessMomentRotationLaw and I am happy with it. Depending of what you want to do you may have to make one or two modifications as for instance define a scale value of the plastic moment treshold (I dont have the code here, but if my memory is good, there is a plastic moment treshold defined but this latter is not scaled). You may need also to add somewhere a line like this, depending on the yade version you are using (problem with quaternions):
if isnan(angle) then angle=0

But maybe Bruno will tell you that he made a lot of cleaning in the cohesivefritionalcontactlaw (I am not sure about the name of the law) and that you should use this one ;-)

Personnally, I am not very friend with code, and I like the cohesionlessMomentRotationLaw, because there are only few things in it and it is easy to follow what it is done.

Best,

Luc

chiara modenese a écrit :
Hi guys,

quick question. A colleague of mine needs to use the linear contact law with moment transfer rotation. Which law in Yade is the most updated and satisfy these requirements? Thanks, so we avoid duplicates. If there is something to add/modify let me know, I can do it.

cheers, Chiara