Re: RE : RE : Cylinder elements

>> I realize : by doing that, you will basically do exactly the same as I did
>> with cylinders. David's model was based on spherical nodes connected by
>> cylinders, right? So, it will need more work to (re)implement this from
>> scratch than to use what is already in Yade.
>
> No, David just used particles with a remote interaction model. Particles only
> exist where wires intersect.

Well, nothing exists in a numerical model, right?
David really simulated contacts between stones and cylinders (wire) linking the nodes
IIRC, even if PFC was not "really" simulating the cylinders. It is similar to my
geotextile model (link in previous mail).
This is the the part implementation that you should use instead of starting from 0
(contact detection, sphere-cylinder contact geometry, ditributing forces on the nodes,
it's all in the chained cylinder model already).

For piecewise linear behaviour of steel, you are right, there is nothing like that at the
moment.
Perhaps have a look at HertMindlin law to see what it needs to implement a non-linear law
(though it not fundamentaly differs from linear elastic-plastic in terms of code)

Bruno