[Question #136034]: quasi-static equilibrium

I would like to address you a question about static-equilibrium in dem simulations, with particular reference to PeriTriaxController engine. In the latter, how do we make sure that the static-equilibrium condition is maintained during the triaxial phase, for instance? Looking at the code, I see that the unbalanced force is checked only when the system has reached the prescribed goal condition. What is the best criterion to establish if the system is under quasi-static conditions? Is the unbalanced force the only solution?

Thank you for your opinion.
cheers, Chiara