Re: [Question #151276]: montion of intruder in granular packing

jduriez proposed the following answer:
For your first sentences :
"Intruder is big sphere moving in packing of small spheres in box. Intruder can also be cylindrical or other shape. We can find forces etc on that big sphere (named: intruder) due to other spheres in simulation box."

This is completely possible to be performed with Yade.

But, for your last sentence, which mesh do you have in mind ? And density of what ? Do you want to reproduce a precise sample of small spheres ?
For STL files, I know you can at least use them (import them in Yade) to define surfaces composed by the facets I told you before.