Re: [Question #153042]: stress-free packing

Chiara Modenese proposed the following answer:
Hi Sergei,

for something already implemented, I think you can have a look at randomDensePack
https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.pack.html?highlight=randomdensepack#yade.pack.randomDensePack

I think there are many methods which have been published, both static
and dynamic ones, to achieve what you require. If you decide to go for a
dynamic method, I guess the limit is that you will not be able to
perfectly reach a stress free condition. If you need a particular PSD,
you could do everything in a py script directly, where you would
generate the sample you want, load it until your goal porosity and then
unload it until you reach very low stress level.

Note that some researchers use interparticle adhesion properties in
order to relax the system and get some stress free condition before the
actual tests start. It pretty much depends on your needs, but I hope
this helps a bit.

Chiara