[Question #156756]: Inclusion of attractive Van der Waals type particle-particle forces?

I've been playing with YADE for a few days now, and think I have a handle on the basic way simulations are set up and run - but now I need to dig into the details to see if it's suitable for my application. Basically I want to model the behaviour of cohesive aggregates of fine particles under low gravity, and am trying to figure out if YADE is well suited for this.

I see that the Hertz-Mindian law includes adhesive energy, but is this only for the "pull off" of particles? Does it include the attractive force between particles due to the Van der Waals forces prior to the onset of the repulsive "contact" region, for example?

Ideally I would like to model the purely attractive VdW forces down to a critical distance, and then include both attractive and repulsive/frictional/etc. forces thereafter (since the attractive forces drop of quickly I guess it's only a nearest neighbours problem, with a cut-off for larger distances anyway). Is this possible?

Any thoughts or hints appreciated :)

Thanks, Mark