[Question #158760]: uniaxial test (no confinement) with triaxial compression engine

Hi all,

just wondering if it could be possible to do a triaxial test without any confinement (like a uniaxial compression)? I know that a dedicated engine already exists, but I would like to access the same data as the one recorded by the triaxial engine. Moreover, from my experience, the boundary conditions are not exactly consistent between those two tests (loading through a rigid wall for triaxial and loading through the boundary particles for uniaxial) and it can be problematic when you want to characterize an assembly in both unconfined and confined conditions.
I already tried to run a triaxial without confinement but, due to the state transition condition (unbalanced force), the deviatoric loading never occurs. Would there be a way to bypass this?

Thanks for your help

  Luc