Re: [Question #158839]: control of pressure

Chiara Modenese is still having a problem:
Today I was wondering why, say in the periodic case, the servo mechanism
cannot be simply coded like this:
strain_rate+=gain*(sigma_goal - sigma_current)
where gain is what people call "gain parameter" as can be found in many
papers.

Why do you we need to write this
strain_rate+=dampFactor*scene->dt* ( goal[axis]-stress[axis] ) /mass;
in PeriIsoCompressor.cpp? In this case, there are two parameters other than
one, mass and dampFactor. What is the advantage to have to calibrate two
parameters and why it should work better?

Thanks for clarification,
Chiara

PS: I do not create a new question, since it is somewhat related to the
previous points.