Re: [Question #159902]: Reinforced Concrete Beam

honzik proposed the following answer:

>3) How can I simulate a flexural test? like that
>http://www.substech.com/dokuwiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?w=&h=&cache=cache&media=3-point_flexure.png
>Once again, what is the best way to do it? Is there a function similar
>to the unixialstrainer to do it? 'Cause a solution is to do it with
>forceEngine applied directly on spheres, but it's not convenient at all.
>Another solution would be to create a rectangular geometry and to apply
>a stress on it.
You can simulate it in the same way as experiments, i.e. prescribe vertical displacement in the point where the force is applied and evaluate the reaction. It is a standard way to obtain stress-strain (or displacement-force) diagram in displacement-controlled tests.
The supports can be simulated in many ways, I would do something like (for simply supported beam) fixing vertical and horizontal displacement of particles in left lower corner and fixing vertical displacement of particles in right lower corner.
Another way is, as you wrote, to define rigid cubes and model supports by them.

>5) Which IPhysDispatcher Ip2 I'll need? Does it seem realistic for you
>Ip2_CpmMat_CpmMat_CpmPhys for the concrete and
>Ip2_WireMat_WireMat_WirePhys for the steel?
I don't know if some dispatcher to handle CpmMat and WireMat interaction would be needed..

>7) Finally, what about the geometry and degrees of freedom? Most of time
>there are only 3 degrees of freedom, am I right? why not 6?
The Dem3DofGeom means that the bond between two particles has 3 degrees of freedom components (normal and two shear components), i.e. there is no bending or twisting. In Yade there are definitely some models using 6dofs.

What kind of steel behavior do yo want to simulate? only simple yielding
in normal direction and pullout of steel bar from concrete? for this
purpose even special definition of CpmMat could be sufficient :-D