Re: [Question #165417]: Fluid Simulation

Christian Jakob posted a new comment:
I have no experience with OpenFOAM and also not with the coupling to
YADE.

Till now I used PFC-CCFD coupling and there are several limitations.

The main problem with a so-called continuum-discrete model is the
dimensions of the fluid cells. Inside each cell there should be at least
10-20 DEM-particles. If you use less particles, the calculation gets
instable. Also (as Chen mentioned) the calculation is quite slow for
high numbers of particles.

Right now I experiment with a DEM-SPH coupling, but there are other
problems with the numerical implementation (e.g. free surface with
surface tension, high numbers of SPH particles for accurate solutions
and so on).

Christian