Re: [Question #165522]: How to rotate a predefined packing

Luc Scholtès posted a new comment:
To Bruno,

Not sure about your comments...

1 - I vae never used the bodiesHandling function, but, If the rotation
occurs before the beginning of the simulation (when the packing is
loaded into the simulation, the "DEM loop" has not started yet), there
should not be any inherited contact forces, no?

2 - I had a second look at the 3DCompressionEngine. As I said, it is
adapted to do what I want (loading the sample in the 3 principal
direction). However, in its current version, you cannot perform
automatically the transition from isotropic to deviatoric compression as
with the classic TriaxialCompressionEngine. You need to define a
periodic function to check for the state of the simulation to do so
(unless I am wrong?). For now, I have added few lines to the
TriaxialCompressionEngine in order to allow for choosing the direction
of straining in the deviatoric part of the loading path. Doing so, I
just need to specify the translationAxis in my script. If you think that
this feature could interest, I can upload the source file.

Cheers

  Luc