Re: [Question #165997]: Parallelized implementation

Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Actually, the maximum number of particles only depends on you RAM memory
(well, you could also swap...). It is independant on parallelization.
I remember that my PFC2D simulations (almost 10 years ago...) needed to
specify an allocated RAM of 8Mo via a DOS command, in order to simulate
more than 10k particles. Else it wouldn't fit.

With modern RAM capacities, I guess you can reach 10 millions easily in
Yade. If your simulation needs 10 time steps, that's ok. If it needs
more that 100k, it will be a little long...