[Question #169042]: Defaut value of optimize option of scons ?

with scons -h I see on my PC that the default value of this option is "-1" :

optimize: Turn on optimizations (-1, 0 or 1); negative value sets optimization based on debugging: not optimize with debugging and vice versa.
    default: -1

Whereas, from what I understand from https://www.yade-dem.org/doc/prog.html#pre-build-configuration, it is "True (1)".

Which is the truth ? The first one ?

I take opportunity of this question to say that I did not find the explaining message of this option given by scons -h so helpful, especially to understand the three different possible values ? But I can not be sure it is not my fault...