[Question #169689]: Velocity gradient

Hi (Bruno),

I see some inconsistencies in Newton Integrator which involve calculation the velocity gradient. I am going to fix them but I would need your approval. The problems are the following ones.

1) line 120. vel is at (t-dt/2) but velGrad is at (t+dt/2)

2) line 178. prevVelGrad is at (t-dt/2) but vel is at (t+dt/2)

I think it would be better to be consistent. As for 1) I would consider prevVelGrad so it is expressed at time (t-dt/2). As for 2) everything should be expressed at time t.

Would you agree to change the code according to the above? Or would you have an explanation why it should not be changed?

Thanks a lot,
Chiara