Re: [Question #174878]: extension test

Chiara Modenese is still having a problem:
On 17 October 2011 15:55, Chareyre
<question174878@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Your question #174878 on Yade changed:

> Chareyre proposed the following answer:
> Oh ok. I didn't imagine this variant.
> No I didn't try that before. What are the values in goal?

I tried with: triax.goal=(-0.30,-0.30,-1e5)
So I thought that I could increase the lateral pressure by simply applying a
constant strain rate whereas I would keep the vertical pressure constant.
The test at the beginning seems to work fine but then I always reach a point
of instability which means I loose equilibrium. This could be explained by
the fact that in such a case I control stress other than displacement as for
the common compression test (I think).
Chiara