Re: [Question #174878]: extension test

Chiara Modenese is still having a problem:
On 17 October 2011 18:15, Chareyre
<question174878@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Question #174878 on Yade changed:

> Chareyre proposed the following answer:
> Would you be in a special case of imposed stress?
> With strain imposed in two directions, I would say you don't loose
> controlability, but...
> Did you set a low enough strain rate? maxStrainRate=(?,?,?)

max strain rate is 1e-4 1/s. I do not think that that is the problem though.

> How does the instability look like?

There is a sudden increase in kinetic energy while the deviatoric stress
drops down (in absolute value). I apply the correct stress path, I have
checked that. At the moment I cannot explain it, maybe someone else could
express an opinion if had experienced the same problem before.

Chiara