Re: [Question #174861]: Packages and Source code possible simultaneously?

jduriez proposed the following answer:
Hello, about your goals :

"1. simulate triaxial tests with angular particles (until now I know only triaxial tests with spheres).
2. simulate triaxial tests for mixtures of different materials (e.g. gravel and sand) using psdSizes, psdCumm."

For 1. angular discrete elements do not exist now in yade (box excepted,
but they can only be used as boundaries). The solution is to use
numerical samples of clusters = aggregates of spheres.

So, both for 1. and 2. I think that reaching your goals require only
some special operations in the realisation of the numerical sample. Even
if I never used clusters, I think that all what concerns this
realisation can be performed through python interface.

To conclude, I think that yes you do not need really to have access to
code and use source versions.

(But you still have the right to want to, for curiosity...)