Re: [Question #175606]: How does "particleSD_2d" work ...???

jduriez proposed the following answer:
Hello Jessica,

     One GravityEngine applies the same gravity vector to all concerned bodies. What could help you, is that you can choose the bodies you want, with "mask" : see https://www.yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.GravityEngine.mask
Thus, a solution would be to use two GravityEngines, one with mask = 1 for example, applying on spheres being in the hole (once you set their mask to 1), and the other with mask = 2 for the other spheres.

   But, if your final goal is only to realize a sample with a hole , the
best would be I think to remove the non desired bodies directly, no ? It
is useless I think to have the bodies which were in the hole, flying
somewhere far away from the rest of the sample. See https://www.yade-
dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.BodyContainer.erase

It seems that "some" work has just been made to ensure that things go
well if you use this yade feature.