Re: [Question #175394]: numerical instability and small time steps

Chiara Modenese proposed the following answer:
On 24 October 2011 12:55, Christian Jakob <
question175394@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Question #175394 on Yade changed:
>
> Christian Jakob posted a new comment:
> Thank you for your fast and extensive answer.
>
> So the problem is, that I set  a Hertz model, but I get a linear model.

No, you do not set the Hertz model at all (the corresponding law functor
would be:
https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html?highlight=mindlin#yade.wrapper.Law2_ScGeom_MindlinPhys_Mindlin).
You set a linear model and at the same time you introduce some attributes in
python, like ContactModel.betan, which have no effect. As Bruno said, you
need a new Ip functor if you want to use the existing capillary model with
the Hertzian law. Chiara