Re: [Question #175606]: How does "particleSD_2d" work ...???

Chiara Modenese proposed the following answer:
To be honest I have never had problems with this function and I have used
it before (which is why I added to the code). Ok, I did not document it
very well but it works (but you can remove it if you wish). Here is a
simple example how I use it (it is with the periodic, you can adapt it to
the non-periodic case likewise):

radii=[
0.1,
0.2,
0.3
]

passing=[
10,
50,
80
]

nballs=390
initialPoro=.65
AvgRadius=0.2
dim=(nballs*pi*AvgRadius**2/(1-initialPoro))**(1/2.)
sp.particleSD_2d(minCorner=(0,0),maxCorner=Vector2(dim,dim),rMean=AvgRadius,periodic=True,name="",numSph=nballs,radii=radii,passing=passing)

HTH,
Chiara

On 31 October 2011 18:15, jessica sjah <question175606@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx