Re: [Question #177419]: shear flow - periodic boundary

Chiara Modenese is still having a problem:
On 3 November 2011 16:20, Chareyre
<question177419@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Your question #177419 on Yade changed:

> Chareyre proposed the following answer:
> Do you mean imposing velGrad(x,y) while keeping a quadrilateral shape
> for the period? No, it is not possible.

Yes, I meant that. It is not possible because of the way the periodic works
in Yade or it is not possible in general? I have seen a few papers where
they shear the material using a periodic cell but there is no rotation of
the cell itself (the lateral imaginary boundary remains vertical, say).
However a gradient is applied to the particles. Periodicity in space and
velocity gradient cannot be distinguished?