Re: We're changing yade-users's membership policy to moderated

Hi all,

I have received the following message from Launchpad team.
We have a PPA there [1] (external packages), so I think it is
reasonable to make a team yade-users moderated.

It means, that all new members of yade-users team need to be approved,
like it is now for yade-dev team.

[1] https://launchpad.net/~yade-users/+archive/external

Anton

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 2:45 AM, Steve Kowalik
<steve.kowalik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2011-11-23 we will be changing the membership policy of your Launchpad
> team yade-users to moderated. We're doing this to protect the people who
> use that team's Personal Package Archive (PPA).
>
> Right now, "yade-users" has an open membership policy, meaning anyone can
> join the team and upload potentially malicious packages to the PPA.
>
> We strongly recommend that you change your team's membership policy now and
> audit the team's membership to make sure that you trust each member.
>
> You can change the team's membership policy here:
>
>  https://launchpad.net/~yade-users/+edit
>
> Otherwise, you can delete the team's PPA and retain the open membership
> policy.
>
> Before you can create a new team PPA, a team's membership policy must be
> either moderated or restricted. Your team was created before we improved
> the security around team PPAs.
>
> These changes won't have any affect on the team's current members. However
> it does mean that you'll have to approve new team members.
>
> There's more about Launchpad's team membership policies here:
>
>  https://help.launchpad.net/Teams/CreatingAndRunning
>
> Email feedback@xxxxxxxxxxxxx if you have any questions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve Kowalik