Re: [Question #178830]: on sample generation to model the real granular sand

Chareyre posted a new comment:
Jakob, this is an interesting and well commented script.
However, I'm surprised that you didn't find problems with this procedure.
Changing shape.radius as you do in this script is not supported (we should forbid that by design). rad1 and rad2 are copied inside the interactions when they are created. Here you change body's sizes but it is not reflected in interactions, leading to inconsistencies.

If I understand your script correctly, I'm affraid the procedure you
developped was already present in Yade.

I suggest you have a look at the script I'm mentionning above.
Performing a steady particles growth is a simple as this:

triax=ThreeDTriaxialEngine(
	internalCompaction=True, # If true the confining pressure is generated by growing particles
)

An even simpler way to see what it does is to generate a triaxial test
via the yade interface (and clicking the "internalCompaction" option).

Could you please confirm that this feature is what you had in mind? Then
we can remove your script, which seems redundant to me (and uses
unsupported operations at the moment).

wangxiaolang, let us know if the triaxial tutorial does not solve your
question.