Re: [Question #178830]: on sample generation to model the real granular sand

Christian Jakob posted a new comment:
>If the size interval is very small, the error vanish, else there is an error.
>OTOH, this effect is accounted for in makecloud()
>(which also allows per-number distribution in addition to per-volume).
>
>I understand there is no point for you to learn using makeCloud if you want to keep the exact same procedure as in PFC, but >it is not a reason to keep your script in Yade's trunk. makecloud() is a one-line command and is more versatile and robust. The >same remark holds for particles growth via triax engines, which should be prefered by anybody who don't come with his own >predefined algorithm.

If makeCloud() can do the same, then I agree with you and we should
remove my script.

>The only thing the script does not do is targetting one specific final
size of particles, because with frictional contacts no >one cares: the
stress-strain behaviour will be the same. In order to target some final
sizes, it would need only a few >additional lines for smartly tuning
initial porosity and particles size.

Well, lets do it :)