Re: [Question #181608]: Viscous damping of clumps

Klaus Thoeni posted a new comment:
Hi Jakob, yes indeed. I had a closer look at the value for critical
damping. It is a function of the contact stiffness and a generalised
mass. Since the value for the contact stiffness is all right (it gives
the same result for sphere and clump without damping) the only value
witch can be adjusted would be the mass. I tried to use the mass of the
clump and the mass of a sphere in the clump but the results are not
good. So I was wondering if there might be a theoretical relationship
between damping of a sphere and damping of a clump. Any other hints?

Thanks!