Re: [Question #186108]: about the parallel calculation in 32 cores cluster

Anton Gladky proposed the following answer:
Hi Liqing,

2012/2/18 Liqing Jiao <jiaoliqing@xxxxxxxx>:
> I use yade-0.70.0. I think it should be very new. I just updated last month.

Not quite, this feature was added after 0.70 release. You should use yade-daily
version of yade to have it or download it from BZR. Or just wait a
little bit, we will probably release a newer version soon. I hope.

> About "How many bodies are participating in your simulation? If it is less
> than, for example, 10 000, it will not be effective to use all 32 cores."
> you said, does it mean that the more particle more cores will be better,
> right? What relationship between the particle amount and the cores?

Well, I can only say it from my experience and discussion the similar
problem with other DEM-guys from another software (esys-particle). And
it strongly depends on type of your simulation and number of
interactions (how many active contacts you have).

Roughly saying, you should have minimum 10 000 particles/core. Maybe
somebody else give you more precise answer.

Anton