Re: [Question #194761]: is particle distribution true or close to real sand simulated by yade

Christian Jakob posted a new comment:
> 2), we insert particles into the box, usually 8000~10000, I have
estimated the mean particle size used in yade, usually 20-40mm in
average, a bit lager than the usually sand particle size 0.5mm -1mm. A
box composed of particles a bit larger than the sand grains used in real
experiment could

It depends on what you want to investigate.
If you to make microscopic investigations (like I do) you should use real parameters (real grain distribution, shear modulus of quartz, poisson of quartz). In this case you can not validate your model, because calculation times are too high for macroscopic dimensions.  For example you would need millions of particles to simulate a triaxial test.
If you want to make macroscopic investigations you should use non-physical parameters (shifted grain distribution with higher particle radii, shear modulus of granular sand, poisson of granular sand). In this case you can validate your model, but parameters are different. Here you only need thousands of particles to simulate a triaxial test.