Re: [Question #199585]: how can i simulate rolling friction?

Christian Jakob posted a new comment:
Thanks for the fast answers.

@Luc: download successful ...

@jduriez:

>Here, Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_MindlinCapillaryPhys() has two major drawbacks :
>- it uses material data of "FrictMat" type, whereas you want to use CohFrictMat..
>- it computes interaction data of MindlinCapillaryPhys(), while your law needs MindlinPhys..

MindlinCapillaryPhys and MindlinPhys are working equal, when
Law2_ScGeom_CapillaryPhys_Capillarity is not active.

>However, linking these values with the rounded feature of the grains is
a task too difficult for me...

What do you mean with that?

For further explanations:
I perform pour cone tests to get the natural repose angle (ca. 30 degree for well rounded sand). While increasing friction parameter I can get 24-25 degree as maximum repose angle, so I thought including rolling friction will help me getting the right repose angle to verify my model ...