Re: [Question #197576]: Contact time duration

Chiara Modenese is still having a problem:
Hi Bruno,

As for this question, I was thinking to something like

if (uN<0) {
phys->contact_time=(scene->iter-contact->iterMadeReal)*scene->dt; //
contact time duration
scene->interactions->requestErase(contact->getId1(),contact->getId2());
}

I tried but the problem is that at the next iteration the contact gets
deleted and so I am not on time to record the value i.phys.contact_time.

Now, how do I output those numbers directly to an output file from Yade
c++ code? Is there any example in Yade I can look at? It is also a
general question which would be good to know.

Or I could create a list from a template where I keep the information of
initial/final/total contact time for each contact. How to do that in
Yade? Any example in the code?

Thanks for help!
Chiara