Re: [Question #201791]: pebble bed reactor

Hello Matej,

there are several possibilities to make such geometry in Yade. All of
them works with facets (triangular elements), that represents the
geometry. So you can:

a) use some method from yade.ymport module [1]. Various formats are
supported - gmsh, gts, stl, unv. This will load facets (triangles) from
a file (which was somehow prepared in advance). See for example unv
example [1], the mesh was created using free mesh generator Salome [6].

b) create the geometry directly in python script using gts module [3]
(this documentation should be improved), see for example [4] or [5].

If you have already the geometry in a CAD model that can save it to
readable form, we can implement methods to import another format :-)

good luck in your work and if you had any questions, just ask :-)

Jan

[1] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.ymport.html
[2]
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~yade-pkg/yade/git-trunk/files/head:/examples/test/unv-read/