[Question #203385]: Export command for sphere packings from YADE to FEM packages like ABAQUS

I am a new user of YADE. I am trying to export the sphere packings from YADE to a finite element solver like ABAQUS to understand how the sphere particles deform. However, I am not sure of the commands I need to use to export the sphere packings from YADE to ABAQUS.

When I use a command like:

export.textExt(filename, format=’x_y_z_r’)

from the YADE python file I get errors. I don't know if there is an example in YADE manual on how I can export the YADE geometry into ABAQUS for meshing. The YADE documentation files don't have suitable help files in this regard. If you can guide me to a suitable example of the command I should use to export the model to ABAQUS from YADE it would be of great help for me to get started.

Also if I could get some help files on meshing in YADE it would be of great help to me.

Thanks a lot
Manu