Re: [Question #203385]: Export command for sphere packings from YADE to FEM packages like ABAQUS

Hello Manu,

as Jerome already said, there is no deformation of particles. Didn't you
meant the displacement of particles? if so, there are ways to export them.

Concerning the errors of export.textExt format, could you please send a
short script reproducing the error and also the actual error you get? it
will help us to solve your problem or to correct a mistakes in source code
if there are some.

I do not know Abaqus very well, but what would you like to achieve by
exporting geometry (and also what you exactly mean by "geometry")? have
abaqus some features to handle spherical particles? It could be possible to
export facets (triangles) as tirangular finite elements, but this feature
is not implemented yet (according to my knowledge).

There is also no automatic meshing in Yade, althought facets (triangles)
can be imported from some external files or can be created using gts
module. The creating of spheres (which is automatized) we call packing
rather than meshing (as there is no real mesh), did you mean this?

good luck and do not hesitate to ask again :-)

Jan