Re: [Question #205137]: impact of sphere on a granular media

mer samuel posted a new comment:
Hi,

>Is the coefficient of restitution with respect to the tangential or
normal direction you are referring to? Do you have any friction or
damping at all? You need to present your problem with more details and
tell us where you think the problem lies.

  In a first time I only focus on the global restitution coefficient, the ration between the kinetic energy after and before the impact. I do not use any damping but the friction coefficient between the incident sphere and the substrate one is set to 0.577
That's why I expect energy dissipation due to friction but it appears in the simulation that for a Vin bigger than 2m/s my restitution coefficient is always equal to 1 so no energy dissipation.

>Look for the references of Colin Thornton (Powder Technology, 2011-2012), from my prospective he has very recently published some excellent work on the comparison of contact models after impact analysis.
  Thanks for the reference.

samuel