Re: [Question #207350]: Questions concerning triaxial test

lingran posted a new comment:
Hi Bruno,

sorry to reply to you so late.
Here is the way I used  to calculate the coordination number:
###-----------------------------------------####
f=open('contactforce.txt','w')
counter=0

for i in O.interactions:
    f.write(str(i.id1));f.write(" ")
    f.write(str(i.id2));f.write(" ")
    counter +=1

f.close()

After reaching the confining pressure of 100kpa, the porosity of the
sample is as low as 0.297. At the same time, there are 17394 real
interactions were detected, including 1604 interactions between spheres
and walls .

since there are 6 walls and 10000 spheres, so the coordination number =
(17394-1604)/10000=1.579. It is not a very high value. Did I calculate
the coordination number in the right way?

Thank you in advance!

Lingran