[Question #208965]: topics on rolling resistance modeling granular media

Many body here seems interested in the rolling moment type model for granular media, including me.

however,  as I have read some of the talking in this launchpad, I am not satisfied with the answers and also I have never realized

one modeling using rolling model.

As I know, at least 2 model could be used for modeling rolling resistance

1) Ip2_CohFrictMat_CohFrictMat_CohFrictPhys() + Law2_Scgeom6D_cohFrictPhys_cohFrictPhys_CohesionMoment()

    which  can model compression  shear rolling and twisting, but I have tested that as linran(one of the yade user)  did, in one of the interactions, I found bending moment and twisting moment are both 0.

    As for this contact law, anybody have tested it, and how to use this one to model rolling resistance?

2) Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_MindlinPhys() + Law2_ScGeom_MindlinPhys_Mindlin()
    as talked by Christian Jacob last time by add parameters in this contact law krot eta and includeMoment=True

    I have also tested this scheme, rolling moment could be added , the problem is the maxmum rolling moment is larger than the plastic bending moment if I set eta=1.0, I guess eta plays no role here. Have Jacob tested eta?

   Also I have questions about the 2nd way, if I have set krot and eta, the initial state (after isotropic compression) is really difficult to control, at least kn ks frictionangle krot and eta should be tested. however, In Plassizrd's paper used SDEC, he just used kn ks and frictionangle to control the isotropic compression process, and then add rolling moment to the contact, but I never realized that in yade, which I have found only friction angle could be easily changed.

    Anybody have realized the rolling moment model in yade using either the method I mentioned or other scheme?

I am glad to talk with all of u interested in rolling resistance moment model