Re: [Question #210907]: on sample preparation of real granula materials

Chiara Modenese proposed the following answer:

On 11 Oct 2012, at 14:11, Christian Jakob wrote:

> Question #210907 on Yade changed:
>
> Christian Jakob posted a new comment:
>> @Christian: If you use very _high_ stiffness with the non-linear model you need to be careful to choose the right parameters > for the expansion method as Bruno suggests. In these regards, remember that the _loading rate_ you apply has to be
>> sufficiently small if you want the process to be quasi-static and if you want to avoid the use of a calming function like you do.
>
> I know, but then it takes too long to get specified porosity. So I am
> much faster with method 3 ...
Yes, I understand and agree. Actually I do not use the expansion method but I generate the particles in a very loose state and then I apply compression to achieve my target. I found this method much easier and not too slow even when using high stiffness parameters.