Re: [Question #214773]: Question about "ScGeom"

Hello guys,

thanks to Eugen for summary. Based on his answer (I did not checked the
scripts in detail myself):

the free falling is the same for both contact laws (besause there is no
contact :-).

Then there is a short contact impulse causing force acting on particles
causing their acceleration. The contact laws / parameters may be (and
according to the results they are) different, resulting in different
forces. With different forces the acceleration is also different. But under
assumption of low energy dissipation, the velocity before and after the
contact is the same for any contact law. The difference is the time of
actual contact (for stiffer law it is shorter). But in your simulation this
time is negligible compared to the total time of simulation, therefore you
do not see differences in velocities / positions (at least in the
beginning), although they are there. And also there may be some energy
dissipation in MindlinPhys, I don't know.

Hope it helps you.
Jan