Re: [Question #215485]: Assigned bodies motion law

Hi Riccardo,

you can choose if you prescribe the veocity directly to the bodies or use
TranslationEngine. If you use it for many particles, I would personally
prefere TranslationEngine as it does all looping in C++, but basicly it
doesn't matter much :-)

concerning TranslationEngine, "velocity" parameter may be both positive and
negative. The actual velocity vector applied to bodies is simply
velocity*translationAxis, so your function can be simplified to

def setTransEngineVelocity():
    v = math.sin(O.time)
    transEngine.velocity = v

and it should work..