[Question #215877]: SIGKILL and possible memory leakage

I am running a very long simulation, in which a big sphere is loaded on a packing of 50,000 smaller spheres settled under gravity force.
After 4 days of running, the simulation ends without any particular reason. In the terminal it is only written "killed".
I have rerun the same test in the debug mode, compiling Yade with debug=1, and then

$ gdb /usr/bin/python

GNU gdb (GDB) 7.1-ubuntu
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
Reading symbols from /usr/bin/python...(no debugging symbols found)...done.

(gdb) run /home/giulia/YetAnotherDynamicEngine/12.07.09_yade/YADE/bin/yade-bzr3040 -j4 --debug 2012.11.28_1_realSph.py

Starting program: /usr/bin/python /home/giulia/YetAnotherDynamicEngine/12.07.09_yade/YADE/bin/yade-bzr3040 -j4 --debug 2012.11.28_1_realSph.py
Welcome to Yade bzr3040 (debug build)
TCP python prompt on localhost:9000, auth cookie `cesaud'
[New Thread 0x7fffd6f2c700 (LWP 7675)]
[New Thread 0x7fffd672b700 (LWP 7676)]

I did not get any information apart from [New Thread ... (LWP ... )] and  [Thread ... (LWP ...) exited]
and then at the end I got

Program terminated with signal SIGKILL, Killed.
The program no longer exists.

I also tried
(gdb) thread apply bt full
But I did not get anything.

And then
(gdb) bt full
which gave me
No stack.

I was recording the CPU and memory usage during the simulation.  The machine has 8 cores and 12GB of memory. The CPU was constant around 40% (using 4 over 8 cores) but the total memory went from 31% to 99% in 24 hours, then constant to 99% for the following 3 days, and then the test ended.
I am not erasing any body. I am creating the spheres, apply gravity, wait that the deposition ends, create the big sphere, and push the big sphere in the packing very slowly.
I was expecting to use a lot of memory since I have a lot of particles, but not that much... is that possible? I am wondering if the ending of the simulation is related to the memory.

At this point I am also rerunning some periodic triaxial tests, with only 5,000 particles. The memory usage has increased from 22 to 32% in 3 hours of simulation, and it is still increasing... Has anybody encountered the same increasing of memory? Is it expected in Yade?

Thank you
Giulia