Re: [Question #218111]: Set timestep in clump packing simulation

yes. PWaveTimeStep iterates over all bodies finding smallest critical time
step for spherical particles (no matter if they are clump members or not).
The forces acting on clump is computed from ordinary interactions between
individual clump members and other colliding particles (possibly also
members of another clump). So the computation is safe and in general
correct. However, if you use only clumps with "many" particles, the
critical time step could be higher than computed with PWaveTimeStep
function (because the "mass" in equation radius/sqrt(young/density is
higher because of other clump members).

You can play a bit yourself if you want, but using PWaveTimeStep is correct.
cheers
Jan