Re: [Question #218627]: Plate's velocity in Triaxial test

Chareyre proposed the following answer:
It's actually explained in the tutorial script, line 183:

##If we want a triaxial loading at imposed strain rate, let's assign srain rate instead of stress
#triax.stressControl_2=0 #we are tired of typing "True" and "False", we use implicit conversion from integer to boolean
#triax.strainRate2=rate

The only difference is that this would move both top and bottom plates,
while you want to move only the top one. The solution is also in the
script (L.174):

## We turn all these flags true, else boundaries will be fixed
#triax.wall_bottom_activated=True
#triax.wall_top_activated=True
#triax.wall_left_activated=True
#triax.wall_right_activated=True
#triax.wall_back_activated=True
#triax.wall_front_activated=True

Now guess what to do to fix the bottom plate? ;)

Actually, I don't think it is a good thing to move only the top one as
it increases the inertial effects. For the same strain rate, moving both
plates will result in a smaller average velocity.