[Question #220639]: saving simulation at certain time step

hi guys,
I have encountered the following problem:
my simulation starts with a lot of particles falling into a cylinder. after they reached the bottom of the cylinder the start to dispose. this is called initialisation. this needs about 1 million time steps.
Its just a work in progress method for filling up the cylinder with these particle and i know that there are really better ways to handle that.
In my eyes there should be a way to save this simulation after the initialisation so that it can be loaded some days or weeks later continuing the simulation maybe with different parameters or some specific movement of the cyclinder starting at the next timestep.
Is this possible?
I already did save simulation as an .xml file but im not sure whether i can continue simulation with the next yade release and how to load this simulation and continue with a diffrent .py script then I used when i saved the simulation after initialisation.

Is there a way to this?

Thanks for help in advance,
Eugen