Re: [Question #222250]: model a direct shear test

Luc Scholtès proposed the following answer:
Euh... Me again. I was looking for a way to attach files to my answer...

I have a python script that should help you. It performs a direct shear
test as you describe with, first, the application of the normal load
and, second, the shearing phase.

The problem is that, I am not very happy with this script as the control
of the normal load during shearing is not "general". I wanted to improve
it so as to do something more "general" like the triaxial engine for
example but did not have the time. Currently, I have to adjust a
variable that I have called servoCoeff depending on the parameters of
the simulation (normal load, strength of the matrial, etc...).

Anyway, maybe we can discuss this by email so that I can send you the
script (unless I can do it through launchpad?).

Cheers

Luc